Vertner Woodson Tandy Diverse Workforce 2021-22 Scholarship
Value of the Scholarship
The value of the scholarship is for $1,000 to be applied to the 2020-21 Academic Year. The scholarship will partially cover the cost of attendance including the school’s tuition, textbooks, consumable materials, OSHA-10, and CPR certification. The recipient will be responsible for paying the remaining cost and/or fee(s) in compliance with all EBI payment policies.
Selection of Scholarship Recipient
1. Racial minority and gender define the ability to apply for and receive this scholarship.
2. Work involvement, career intentions, and scholastic performance will be taken into consideration when determining recipient. Financial need may also be a deciding factor.
3. Final candidates will be interviewed prior to awarding scholarships.
4. The scholarship will be awarded no later than May 15.
Applying for the Scholarship
1. Each applicant must complete the application form. The form may be hand-written or typed.
2. Each applicant must write a summary regarding his/her intentions to work in construction industry.
3. Applicants may attach additional documentation, such as a resume, letters of reference and a high school/college transcript. Attachments are not required but are encouraged.
4. Priority consideration will be given to students applying from secondary schools in the Cincinnati metropolitan region.
5. Applications must be mailed or delivered to the Building Industry Association of Northern Kentucky, 2751 Circleport Drive, Erlanger, KY 41018 by April 15.